With 2 toddlers at home, I decided to give this dessert recipe a try after reading abt it from BH’s blog. However, after taking note that my MIL prefer tougher agar agar, I reduced d liquid amt.End result - a tough agar agar, MIL commented too tough & Hayden does not like it. But both my mum & my nephew took 3 pieces each! Guess 1 cant make everyone happy…
Ingredients - Milk Layer
1 tbsp agar agar powder
500 ml water
80g condensed milk
1. Put d water in a saucepan & turn on d heat, then whisk in agar agar.
2. Cook until agar agar is dissolved, then add in d condensed milk.
3. Pour into a cake pan to cool be4 popping into d fridge to set. Once it’s set, use a cutter to cut out the pattern & remove d cut-out with a toothpick. Lease aside in another bowl. Put both back into d fridge while you prepare d brown layer.
Ingredients - Brown layer
7g agar agar powder
600 ml water
100g gula melaka
1. Boil all d ingredients together until dissolved.
2. Pass ½ of d mixture through a fine sieve onto d prepared milky layer pan. Pop back into fridge to harden.
3. Place d previous milky cut-out shapes into small jelly moulds & fill up with bal brown layer. Leave to cool be4 putting into fridge to set.
Once set, remove from pan/mold & serve.