Since I have dugged out d congee recipe book, shd just at least try out more recipes be4 storing it again. So for tonite, am trying out this chinese yam w/wolfberries congee. For some reason, it didnt turn out looking like d pic in d book. But other than that, it actually tasted ok.
- 100g beef - dice up
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Mix d above ingredinets well.
- 1 cup rice - rinse/drain & leave aside 15mins
- 3 tbsp wolfberries - rinse well
- 200g Chinese Yam - remove skin & cut into small piece. Since it turns brown after oxidation, cut it only be4 cooking.
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil.
- Add in rice & bring to boil again. Then switch to low heat for 10mins.
- When cooked, add in Chinese yam & wolfberries & cook further 5mins.
- Add in beef & cooked till beef is done.
- Season w/salt be4 serving.
Notes - Fresh Chinese yam is coated with white sticky goo, which is good for complexion.