- 1 cup rice - rinse, drain & leave aside 15mins
- 200g lotus roots - Remove skin, rinse/clean & roll-cut int pieces
- 12 red dates - rinse & drain
- 300g spare ribs - scald in boiling water, remove after blood has been washed off
- salt for seasoning
- Boil 9cups of water.
- Add ribs & cook over low heat for 15mins.
- Add rest of ingredients & continue cooking for 15mins. Leave lid slightly uncovered to prevent from overflowing.
- Season w/salt & cover to let it steep for 10mins be4 serving.
Note - Lotus roots r rich in fibre & aid digestion.