Packers will be coming tomorrow to pack all d stuff, thus, tonite will be my last bake post unless it’s ABM baking related cause I don’t have oven in SG. For my last bake, I selected this recipe simply because I happened to have most of d ingredients on hand. & for tonite’s bake, I even happened to have a friend over to help out, who also became d 1st to taste it.
End result – very soft & tasty batch of muffins! Hurray! My last bake is successful! For this recipe, I actually reduced d amt of sugar & taster said that d sweetness is just right, coming mainly from d pears. Do note that it’s best eaten while still a bit warm out from oven.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar (I used brown sugar)
- ½ cup plus 6 tsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup peeled & diced pears,
- ¼ cup candied ginger, diced
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Whisk d flour, sugar & baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, oil, honey, & eggs well be4 gently fold in into d dry mixture. DO NOT OVERMIX (note that this can be done d nite be4)
- Fold in the diced pear & candied ginger. Again DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon batter evenly among the muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Then sprinkle d top with ½ tsp brown sugar & bake for 20mins. Remove & allow to cool be4 eating.