It’s so EASY! I never realised how easy it is to cook 糯米饭 & it’s so tasty! Even Hayden who was recently having bad appetite problem, finished 1½ bowls! YUMMY! So yummy that even though am on diet, I also cant refrain from taking a bowl of it! There goes my diet but to me, it's worth it! ;-p
Serve 2-3 pax
(1) 2cup glutinous rice (soak 1hr, drain & set aside)
(2) Soak till soft, then drained. retained at least 150ml water for later use
¼cup dried shrimp
8-10 pieces dried mushroom, thinly sliced
5-6 pieces dried scallops
¼cup thinly sliced shallots,
2tsp olive oil
(4) Mix well
1tsp light soya sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp oyster sauce
pinch of salt & pepper to taste
¼cup roasted peanuts
1 stalk chopped scallion (spring onion)
1 red chopped chilli
- Heat up wok, fry (3) till golden brown.
- Add (2) & stir-fry abt 5mins.
- Add (4) + (1) & stir-fry addl 5mins.
- Add water & mix well. Allow rice to cook further 2mins.
- Trf rice into bowl & steam abt 30mins or till rice is cooked.
- Remove rice & served with toppings.