Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

糯米饭 Glutinous Rice

Hubby saw this recipe in d Staits Times & wanted me to give it a try. He even cut up d article & pasted it onto my to-do book (too bad he didnt incld d chef's name). But at 1st glance, I was put off by d long list of ingredients so I never really looked at it again till 2days ago, hubby asked what happened to his 糯米饭. So I decided to take a closer look at d recipe. Only then did I realise that most of d ingredients can be found in my kitchen. I only need to get d glutinous rice! So here goes.
It’s so EASY! I never realised how easy it is to cook 糯米饭 & it’s so tasty! Even Hayden who was recently having bad appetite problem, finished 1½ bowls! YUMMY! So yummy that even though am on diet, I also cant refrain from taking a bowl of it! There goes my diet but to me, it's worth it! ;-p

Serve 2-3 pax
(1) 2cup glutinous rice (soak 1hr, drain & set aside)

(2) Soak till soft, then drained. retained at least 150ml water for later use
¼cup dried shrimp
8-10 pieces dried mushroom, thinly sliced
5-6 pieces dried scallops

(3)
¼cup thinly sliced shallots,
2tsp olive oil

(4) Mix well
1tsp light soya sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp oyster sauce
1tsp sugar
pinch of salt & pepper to taste

(5) Toppings
¼cup roasted peanuts
1 stalk chopped scallion (spring onion)
1 red chopped chilli
  1. Heat up wok, fry (3) till golden brown.
  2. Add (2) & stir-fry abt 5mins.
  3. Add (4) + (1) & stir-fry addl 5mins.
  4. Add water & mix well. Allow rice to cook further 2mins.
  5. Trf rice into bowl & steam abt 30mins or till rice is cooked.
  6. Remove rice & served with toppings.

2 comments:

Blessed Homemaker said...

Try not to give Hayden too much glutinous rice as it may cause indigestion.

Irene said...

I know cause MIL also nagged abt it but not easy to get him eating so for last nite, I just dont really care. Anyway, his bowel seems ok this morning.. ;->