Hayden’s sch is requesting for Halloween Bake sale donation so I went searching for something new to try out & decided on this interesting recipe from 101 Cookbooks. Supposed to end with a slightly dusty looking mixture but as u can c from d pic, not dusty at all. So am really not sure if I have done this correctly or not.
Ended with batches of rather soft cookies. But Hayden, hubby & MIL said taste great!
1 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
½ cup chunky natural peanut butter
½ cup maple syrup
1/6 cup extra virgin olive oil
¾ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150C. In a mixing bowl combine ingredient (1).
- In another large bowl combine ingredient (2). Stir until combined.
- Pour flour mixture over peanut butter mixture & stir until barely combined - still a bit dusty looking.
- Let sit for five minutes, be4 giving 1 more quick stir.
- Then drop by heaping tbspful onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. Bake for 10+ mins will be enough. Over-baking will make them too dry.
- Let cool 5 mins & transfer to a cooling rack.