Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brownie Bites

I was really quite disappointed with most of my bakes recently. Of course this does not included those that were baked in d ABM, which has been gg on quite well so far. I was told that most of my failures might have been due to my little understanding of d oven that I am using. Friends told me that I need to really ‘learn’ how d oven really works, that meant besides reading d manual. So nowadays, I tried to stand by d oven whenever am baking to c if I can ‘understand’ it.

N with no success in past cookies testing, I decided to give this brownie recipe from Cookie Baker Lynn’s blog a try instead. It’s a very easy recipe & I still have problem with it due to my oven. D temp is always giving me problem.

1st batch of bigger size brownies were too dry after only 10mins @ a lower temp of 150c. 2nd batch of smaller size brownies were better but still consider dry in d middle, given d fact that brownie shd be rather wet in d middle. I also reduced d amt of sugar cause we dont really like too sweet.

Am really starting to think maybe am not suitable/capable of baking anything else but bread with ABM! Sigh…

  • 113g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
  • 58g unsweetened chocolate bits
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • pinch of baking powder & salt
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ tsp vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 150C.

  2. In the saucepan, melt butter & chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl & set aside to cool.

  3. Sift flour, baking powder, & salt together into another bowl.

  4. Stir sugar, eggs & vanilla extract into d cooled chocolate mixture until well combined be4 adding flour mixture. Stir until blended.

  5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them only 2/3 full. Bake for 8-10 mins, or until set but still soft in d center, because brownies r supposed to be wet.

  6. Let brownies cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for abt 10 mins, be4 removing them completely.

No comments: