Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Rice Cooker duck rice

Hubby asked if can bake more bread instead of cake, so I go back to d recipe that works out just right, wolf-berries bread recipe. But this rd I made some changes. Instead of wolf-berries, I used half a mashed banana (Hayden eat half) & added 1½tsp of yeast instead of 6g. When d bread came out, it really looks very good. But I think I cut it too soon & thus, d ‘opening’ looks flat but d rest is VERY soft!

I also tried out my friend’s claypot ckn rice. But instead of ckn, I used left-over duck meat that’s sitting in d freezer.


(a)
500g duck meat
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil
8 bulbs shallots (finely chopped)
2 tbsp ginger (chopped)

(b)
1 cup uncooked rice
3/4 cup water

Marinate (a) overnite in d fridge. Dump (a) & (b) into d rice cooker & cook as 1 normally does for plain white rice. When d cooking cycle is completed, let stand for 10-15mins be4 serving.

It’s so tasty that I had 1 full bowl even though am on diet & don’t usually take rice after 4pm.

No comments: