Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sneaky Chef's Fried Rice

Was trying to lower the utility cost for d household so am trying not to use the slow cooker too often. And with my recent new part-time job, am running out of new ideas/recipe for dinner. So for tonite, I was browsing through my recipe ‘book’ (actually it’s the notes that I have on my iphone), I saw this recipe from Sneaky Chef’s book that I have never try be4. Even though I don’t have some of the ingredients, I decided to go ahead & substitute with whatever I have in d fridge. Hayden helped with the scrambled egg & because he helped, he actually mgd to finished his bowl of rice. Guess that shd give this recipe a thumbs up???

  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ cup white puree (subs w/green puree)
  • *whisk to2g be4 scrambling it with ½ tbsp oil
  • ½ small onion, minced/puree
  • 1 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 cup cooked ckn/ham/beef/pork/shrimp (subs w/3ckn hotdogs)
  • 2 cups cooked rice, cold
  • ½ tbsp soy sauce
  • ½ cup peas (subs w/thawed mixed veg)

Heat 1 tbsp oil & stir-fry minced onion/garlic/ginger for abt 2mins
Add meat & stir-fry another 2mins
Add rice & soy sauce. Toss to combine well
Add scrambled egg & veg only 1 min be4 finish cooking.

Green Puree – Serve 2 cup (I usually freeze them in batches of ¼ cup)
2 cup raw baby spinach leaves
2 cup broccoli florets + 1 cup sweet green peas
* steam broccoli for abt 10mins; add peas @ d last 2mins
** or microwave broccoli in a bowl covered with water on high for 8-10mins; add peas @ d last 2mins

Pulse spinach 1st, then add broccoli/peas & puree with 1-2tbsp water till smooth.
Can be freeze for up to 3mths
Can be added into beefy soups or stew

3 comments:

Blessed Homemaker said...

looks nice:):>

Blessed Homemaker said...

The earlier comment was by my daughter ;-)

Irene said...

T Q for her kind words! heehee