Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pandan Milk bread

Had this recipe on my to-dos list for d longest time because I didn’t have a loaf pan with a cover. So tonite, I decided to go ahead & bake this in my ABM instead. With a twist, I added pandan water instead of pandan essence. Also, I didn’t want to waste d rest of d egg so I leave d whole egg & reduced d milk instead.
End result – a very ‘springy’ loaf (holes in d pic proof that)! Cant really c d pandan green & also not much of a pandan taste but ‘springy’ enough for my family. However, it does not freeze well. But still a keeper!

  • 52g low-fat fresh milk
  • 66g pandan liquid
  • 60g egg (1 large egg)
  • 25g caster sugar
  • 5g salt
  • 250g bread flour
  • 4g Instant yeast
  • 38g butter (unsalted)

Put ingredients into ABM as per manufacturer's instruction & select normal white bread setting with light crust.

No comments: