Have not done my groceries shopping, thus, still no ‘active’ yeast on hand. And with a branch of over ripping bananas on hand, I decided to give this banana bread a try. It’s really a very super easy/simple recipe from 1 of my fav must-visit blog – Joy of Baking.com. I have tried many recipes from this blog & have been 85% successful so far. Thus, I was actually quite eager to try this out as I have actually put this in my to-do list for quite a while now.
End result – a super moist texture cake with soft crust! And the smell is so, so heavenly! I actually baked this in my ABM & went out for dinner be4 d baking cycle has completed. Imagined our surprised when we entered d hse smelling of banana after our dinner! It was simply lovely!
- 1¾ cup(230g) all-purpose flour
- 120g white sugar (alrdy reduced)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 110g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 355g ripe bananas, mashed well (abt 1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix d shifted dry ingredients in a big bowl & set aside.
- Mix d wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Be4 mixing, start up d ABM on d baking cycle.
- Fold in d wet mixture into d dry ingredients lightly, ensuring not to OVER mix.
- Pour d batter into d ABM pan without stopping or pausing d alrdy started baking cycle.
- If u prefers a much softer crust, just leave d loaf in d ABM after d cycle ends. D moist collected during d cooling period of d ABM will moist d crust further.