Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Banana Bread

Have not done my groceries shopping, thus, still no ‘active’ yeast on hand. And with a branch of over ripping bananas on hand, I decided to give this banana bread a try. It’s really a very super easy/simple recipe from 1 of my fav must-visit blog – Joy of Baking.com. I have tried many recipes from this blog & have been 85% successful so far. Thus, I was actually quite eager to try this out as I have actually put this in my to-do list for quite a while now.
End result – a super moist texture cake with soft crust! And the smell is so, so heavenly! I actually baked this in my ABM & went out for dinner be4 d baking cycle has completed. Imagined our surprised when we entered d hse smelling of banana after our dinner! It was simply lovely!

Hubby took a slice as dessert & was quite surprised that d crust is so soft.

  • 1¾ cup(230g) all-purpose flour
  • 120g white sugar (alrdy reduced)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 110g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
  • 355g ripe bananas, mashed well (abt 1 cup)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Mix d shifted dry ingredients in a big bowl & set aside.
  2. Mix d wet ingredients in another bowl.
  3. Be4 mixing, start up d ABM on d baking cycle.
  4. Fold in d wet mixture into d dry ingredients lightly, ensuring not to OVER mix.
  5. Pour d batter into d ABM pan without stopping or pausing d alrdy started baking cycle.
  6. If u prefers a much softer crust, just leave d loaf in d ABM after d cycle ends. D moist collected during d cooling period of d ABM will moist d crust further.

2 comments:

D4D said...

Hi Irene,

May I check what function you use for this banana-bread? is it cake function or sweet-bread or basic-bread?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards,
mommy of 3

Irene said...

Hi Mommy of 3,

No, I only used d "Baking" function cause u do not want to overmix the batter.

I started d baking setting with a empty pan. then mix d batter in a bowl be4 pouring it into d pre-heated pan after it's been on for abt 5-10mins. So d batter will be baked for about 40-50mins, which is d bal timer left after d pre-heating (empty pan) timing.

Hope this helps.

Happy baking!
Irene