Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Gula Melaka : 105g (I replaced w/palm sugar)
Coconut milk: 250g
Pandan leaf : 3 leaves
Water : 200g
Rice Vermicelli (Mee Sua) : 25g
Tapioca flour : 125g
(D) mix and steam for 10 min
Grated white coconut : 50g
pinch of Salt
1) Boil (A) over low heat, stir till sugar dissolves, off heat, discard pandan leaves, leave to cool
2) Bring (B) water to a boil, cook rice vermicelli till cooked, off heat & leave to cool
3) Mix A, B, C in a blender until smooth, strain.
4) Steam small cups/steaming tray for 5 min. Pour in batter ¾ full. Steam with high heat for 15 min. until cooked. Remove and leave to cool
5) Remove kuih from d cup/tray after it completely cool down, coat with grated white coconut and serve.
Monday, May 25, 2009
红豆 : 100g red beans
猪脚 : 1只 (洗净, 切成6大块) trotters, washed & cut into 6 big pieces
瘦肉 : 200g (洗净, 切小块) lean meat, washed & cut into cubes
红枣 : 10颗 (洗净, 去核) Jujube, washed & de-core
牛蒡 : 2段 (去皮, 切小段) Burdock/Gobo, 2 small stick, peel off skin & slice-up
1) 将红豆洗净, 用水浸泡2小时, 然后以大火煮开, 再以中火煮10分钟左右, 取出, 沥干水份
Soak d red bean for 2hrs, then bring to boil be4 switching to mid heat for 10mins. Remove & drain.
Scald d meats.
3) 将所有材料放入煲中, 加入足够的冷水, 大火煮开, 转中小 火继续煲1-2 小时左右, 最后加少许盐调味, 即可食用
Put all ingredients into pot with enough cold water to cover ingredients. Bring to boil. Switch to small heat & continue to cook for 1-2hrs. If desired, add salt be4 serving.
Jianpi Qushi, replenish blood count, strength body, regulate bowel movement, suitable for day-to-day drinking
Sunday, May 24, 2009
MIL really loves beetroots so we bought some last week for juice. Then I found this bread recipe & decided to give it a try last nite. Even though d end result is a bit wet, it's actually quite good!
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup grated raw beetroot
- 3¼ cups white bread flour
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
• Add the ingredients in the order listed or according to instructions of your bread machine.
• Set the machine to the basic white setting with medium crust.
Friday, May 22, 2009
I tried d cream cheese bread again past 2 days. On d 1st day, I tried as per d original recipe except I changed d water to fresh milk. On d 2nd nite, I tried everything as per original recipe with no changes at all. Both times, d bread didnt rise as well as d Hokkaido Milky bread. & hubby thinks d cream cheese smell is a bit too strong.. so I guess I might be sticking to d Hokkaido Milky bread instead.
- 160g water/fresh milk
- 250g bread flour
- 50g cream cheese
- 20g butter
- 10g powder milk
- 15g sugar
- 3g salt
- 2.5g yeast
Monday, May 18, 2009
- 2 pkt Tofu
- 1/2 bowl Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 bowl Rye flour
- 1 Egg (beat)
- Heat up some oil in d non-stick pan.
- Coat cut tofu with rye flour first.
- Then follow by egg.
- Lastly coat with Panko bread crumbs be4 frying it in d pre-heat pan.
- Remove once it turn light brown on both side.
160g fresh milk
175g bread flour
75g Rye flour
60g cream cheese
10g powder milk
Put all into bread maker on fast loaf cycle. After it's done, do not remove from bread maker & leave it there overnite.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
150g marie biscuit (crush)
5g double action baking powder (sieve)
few drop Vanilla oil
80g melted butter
(D)1/2 tsp cocoa powder (sieve)
- Mix (B) in a mixing bowl & stir till sugar dissolves, strain.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
- 300 - 350g Salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp Japn Mayo
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tomatos sliced
1. Lay half d sliced tomatoes in 2 rows on baking pan.
2. Put salmon fillet on top tomatoes.
3. Mixed mayo w/soya sauce & sugar be4 spreading onto salmon.
4. Lay remaining sliced tomatoes onto salmon.
5. Grill @190C for abt 20mins or till tomatoes r wrinkled.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Easy Italian Ckn
- 150g cabbage
- 2 small onions, sliced into rings
- 40g sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- 300g meaty ckn
- 6 tbsp meatless spaghetti sauce
1) Combine vegs in slow cooker, sprinkle tapioca over vegs;
2) Place ckn on vegs be4 pouring sauce over it;
3) Cover & cook for 6-7hrs on low-heat setting, or 3-31/2hrs on high-heat setting;
4) If desired, sprinkle w/parmesan cheese be4 serving on hot cooked pasta/rice.
Result - a very simple dish. Will definitely cook this often.
马蹄 : 100 – 300g water chestnut
白萝卜 : 100 – 300g white radish
鸭梨 : 1 – 3个 pear
瘦肉 : 200 – 300g lean meat
1) 马蹄洗净拍开, 白萝卜洗净切块, 鸭梨去芯切块, 瘦肉洗净川烫过, 切块
Wash & diced up water chestnut, wash & cubed white radish, de-cored pear be4 dicing, wash lean meat with hot water be4 dicing.
2) 将所有材料放入锅内，加清水适量, 用大火煮沸，改为文火熬约 1－2 小时
Put all ingredients into pan, out enough water to cover ingredients. Bring to boil be4 switching to low heat for 1-2hrs.
3) 用盐适量调味, 喝汤吃肉
If desired, season w/salt be4 serving.
Function of soup
Tonic that is useful for clearing heaty-ness, red acne, urge to drink cold drink, extraordinary appetite, dry mouth, thick yellow sputum, easy seen tongue sores, hard stool, constipation, etc
* 天气 炎热或过食燥热食物时，可煮此汤，预防发热。
When weather is too heaty or dry, drink this soup to help prevent body from building up too much heat.
Result - w/out adding any seasoning, it's a very healthy & sweet soup.
Coconut dessert (recipe from UW mazg)
Remove juice & flesh from coconut. Place rock sugar onto bowl & steam 1hr or till melted. Add soaked fungus/juice & steam for another 30mins be4 serving either hot or cold.
Result - too sweet. Must add cold/hot water be4 consuming.
Monday, May 11, 2009
1 whole young coconut
10g white fungus
12 pcs red dates (de-seeded)
3 slices ginger
- Remove coconut juice & flesh out;
- Put ckn into pan, cover with coconut juice & bring to boil. Switch to low heat & simmer for 30-45mins.
- Put in rest of ingredients & simmer for another 30-45mins.
- Pinch of salt be4 serving.
Result - a very healthy & sweet soupy dish be4 pinch of salt was added. Thus, if u prefer sweetness, dont add d salt.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Steamed Shaoxing Ckn (UW mazg )
½ kampong ckn_chopped (420g boneless ckn thigh)
1 ¼ tsp salt
1 tsp Shaoxing wine (normal rice wine)
10g shredded ginger
½ tsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine (normal rice wine)
1 ½ tsp wolfberries
4 red dates_shredded
4 slices angelica root (didn’t put this)
1 ¼ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp MSG (didn’t put this)
½ tsp sesame oil
1. Marinate (a) for 30mins & set aside;
2. Marinate (b) for 1hr & set aside;
3. Mix marinated (a) & (b) onto a steaming plate;
4. Steam over high heat for 8-10mins
5. Add seasonings be4 serving.
绿茶豆腐 Green tea tofu
材料1 (a) wash & drain
豆腐 : 300g tofu
鲜蘑菇 : 100g fresh mushroom
枸杞子 : 20g wolfberries
青豆 : 30g green peas
高汤 : 1碗 ckn stock – 1 cup
清水 : 1碗 water – 1cup
绿茶 : 10g green tea leaves
盐 : 1tsp salt
粟米粉 : 1tsp corn flour
水 : 1tbsp water
麻油 : 1tsp sesame oil
1) 将材料2放入锅内, 加入材料1煮开
Put ingredients (a) & (b) into pan, bring to boil
2) 加入材料3煮约 3分钟后, 勾芡, 装盘后淋下香油即可, 也可待凉后食用
Add ingredients (c) & boil for 3mins. Mix ingredients (d) into boiled mixture. Serve onto plate be4 adding ingredient (e).
Note: if don’t like to eat tea leave, can put tea leaves into a bag be4 cooking. Remove tea leaves bags be4 adding ingredients (d).
Tonic to clear heaty-ness & help digestion.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
300g pork (cubed)
1 med carrot, sliced
1-2 small onions, bias-sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
3 tsp cornstarch
3 tsp cold water
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Combine (a) in slow cooker.
- Mix (b) be4 pouring over (a).
- Cover & cook on low-heat setting for 6-7hrs or high-heat for 3-4hrs.
- Mix (c) up be4 stiring into meat mixture. Switch to high-heat for 20-30mins or until thickened.
- Stir in peas be4 serving w/ hot cooked rice.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Today was a public holiday in Bkk so Hayden only starts school tomorrow. Thus, I decided to give this recipe a try so that he can have it for bf. Recipe asked for whipping cream but hubby bought back whipped cream instead. I went ahead with it. Ended with too much dough so I freezed half of it. As for d bread, it's not as soft as what was stated in d original blog but still good enough. Guess this could be due to d whipped cream that I have used instead of whipping cream.
- 540 g Bread flour
- 60 g Cake flour
- 10 g Yeast
- 30 g Milk powder
- 80 g Brown sugar
- 9 g Salt
- 1 Egg
- 250 g Fresh milk
- 150 g Whipped cream
Put all ingredients into bread maker & select normal bread w/light crust setting.
Hubby always buy this for BF whenever we get back into SG. Thus, when Blessed Homemaker posted her recipe on her blog, I decided to give it a try by making d flour mixture last nite to let it rise in d fridge overnite. However when I took it out this morning, it looks rather thick & seems to have rise too much. But I went ahead & made d kueh with 4 diff fillings (peanut butter, egg, cheese & bean paste). End result - d kueh looks too flat but both my hubby & mother-in-law said it's not that bad. As for Hayden, he finished 5 small slices!
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 10 g Tapioca Flour
- 250 ml Water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Yeast
1.Mix all ingredients & leave to rise overnite.
2.Pour some of d flour mixture into a non-stick pan & swirl d pan to coat it evenly.
3.Use small fire to cook until bottom is golden brown, sprinkle d filling on pancake & fold it into half.
4.Cut into small pieces to serve.