Cant remember who give this to me so if u know the orignator, please let me know so I can credit him/her accordingly.
- 2 Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2½ cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Caster Sugar (used only 2/3cup brown sugar)
- 150g Shredded Coconuts
- 75g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Lightly whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add sugar and coconut, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the egg mixture until just combined.
- Add melted butter and stir until the mixture is just smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 21 x 10 cm (81/2 x 4 in) loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Leave in tin to cool for 5 minutes, and remove to cool further on a wire rack.
- Serve in thick slices, toasted, buttered and dusted with icing sugar. Makes 8-10 thick slices.