Hubby mentioned that he likes d local steamed cup Kuih so I thot I give this recipe a try. It's not really d same as what we can buy from d street cause I cant get gula melaka (coconut sugar). But end result is not bad at all. Not as sweet too! Ingredients made 2 rounds of 1big & 7small cups.
Gula Melaka : 105g (I replaced w/palm sugar)
Coconut milk: 250g
Pandan leaf : 3 leaves
Water : 200g
Rice Vermicelli (Mee Sua) : 25g
Tapioca flour : 125g
(D) mix and steam for 10 min
Grated white coconut : 50g
pinch of Salt
1) Boil (A) over low heat, stir till sugar dissolves, off heat, discard pandan leaves, leave to cool
2) Bring (B) water to a boil, cook rice vermicelli till cooked, off heat & leave to cool
3) Mix A, B, C in a blender until smooth, strain.
4) Steam small cups/steaming tray for 5 min. Pour in batter ¾ full. Steam with high heat for 15 min. until cooked. Remove and leave to cool
5) Remove kuih from d cup/tray after it completely cool down, coat with grated white coconut and serve.