Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gingered pork & Vegetables

Had this recipe for d longest time & decided to give it a go. But with my MIL in town, I switched d beef to pork instead. Put all ingredients into d slow cooker ard 9am this morning & it's ready by 6pm. Sauce tasted very sweet due to d onions & carrots. Both MIL & Hayden loves it. & it's all gone be4 I remembered that I havent taken a pic yet. Will update when I do this again with pics.

(a)

300g pork (cubed)

1 med carrot, sliced

1-2 small onions, bias-sliced

1 clove garlic, minced

(b)

118ml water

2 tsp soy sauce

1 tsp grated fresh ginger

(c)

3 tsp cornstarch

3 tsp cold water

(d)

1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed

  1. Combine (a) in slow cooker.
  2. Mix (b) be4 pouring over (a).
  3. Cover & cook on low-heat setting for 6-7hrs or high-heat for 3-4hrs.
  4. Mix (c) up be4 stiring into meat mixture. Switch to high-heat for 20-30mins or until thickened.
  5. Stir in peas be4 serving w/ hot cooked rice.

No comments: