Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Banana Bread

Was re-arranging kitchen cupboard when I saw this biscuit mix that I got from Chicago when I visited my best friend living there last May. Expiry date is 25Mar09! so I decided to try out the Banana bread recipe stated on d box last nite. 5mins into kneading, I added 5tbsp of wheat flour cause d dough looks really wet. When I got up in d morning to check on d bread, it looks & taste more like banana cake instead.

Makes 1 loaf
  • 1 pkg JIFFY buttermilk biscuit mix
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup very ripe mashed banana
Normal bread cycle with light setting

As usual, I had to cut it out in bear shape or Hayden wont eat it. sigh..

5 comments:

Shopaholic2802 said...

go n get some cookie cutters...saves u alot of trouble cutting

Irene said...

ah.. that's how I got d bear shape lor, cookie cutter mah.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Interested in a banana quick bread recipe?

Irene said...

Yup, am ok to try out anything new recipe.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Recipe here

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Bread---Quick-Bread-for-Machines/Detail.aspx

Reduce sugar accordingly if you are using over-riped bananas. I use only 1/2 cup sugar.