Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cornflakes Cookies

When I saw BH’s post on d cornflakes cookies, I was very eager to try cause I, too, has many bags of cornflakes in my freezer. However, as usual, I made some modification due to limited ingredients on hand. For example, recipe requires self-rising flour & since I have none, I decided to search d web for a solution & found this instant fix recipe.
End result – very crispy cookies but a bit too sweet for my family. Can u c d star cornflakes?
(A)
100g unsalted butter (melted)
1 normal size egg (ard 53g)
¼ cup sugar + 1/8 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

(B)
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1½ cup cornflakes

1. Mix (A) & (B) in separate bowl first. Then mix them together well in a big mixing bowl.
2. Use 2 tsp to round d cookie dough onto small paper case.

3. Bake at preheated 160C oven for 10-15 mins.
4. Let cookies cool in pan for 5 mins be4 moving it to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Store in air-tight container.

9 comments:

Blessed Homemaker said...

I used slightly less than 1/4 cup sugar and it was just right for us.

Irene said...

Ya, next rd will definitely reduce d amt

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Irene said...

TQ so much 4 yr kind words! too bad I wont be baking anymore since I moved back to home-country because no oven..

Anonymous said...

hey


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

heya, how how is everybody?

Irene said...

Good! Good! how abt u?

Anonymous said...

hiya
Hey can you show me where i can put my photo so it shows up at the side ? cheers

Irene said...

usually when u upload a pix, u r required to choose if u want the pix by d side/center, big/small..