Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Berries bread & Hainanese Ckn rice

Blessed Homemaker pass this recipe to me to try & I decided to do it last nite. It's a very basic bread so I add blueberries (2tbsp) & cranberries (3tbsp) to make it more interesting. However, I think I put in 1/2tsp too much yeast, thus, d top fall flat after hiting d bread maker cover from rising too much. Lucky overall texture is still soft & nice.
Select basic bread w/light setting
  • 1 cup warm milk (45C)
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp yeast
  • 1/4 cup veg oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 tsp salt
As for tonite's dinner, I decided to try Hainanese Ckn rice. Of course, being lazy, I only prepare according to d rice portion. As for d ckn, I put all into d rice cooker & whoa la!

4 comments:

Leonard said...

where I can get such bread ?

greetings***

Blessed Homemaker said...

I have the same problem with another recipe using oats. The top of the bread is sunken... wonder why.

Irene said...

Hi, Leonard,
d bread was baked by myself using a bread machine. very easy. u can get 1 from Central Chitlom or Emporium.

Irene said...

Blessed Homemaker, I think it's due to too much yeast, when d rising reach a certain height & starts to bake, d heat cause d empty space inside to sunken.