Have to leave d hse really early tomorrow morning to attend a local ‘village’ wedding, so went searching for a new recipe to try out for BF-on-d-move. In d end, I decided on another Rachel Allen’s recipe – lemon cupcakes. However, hubby does not want to feed Hayden too much lemon, so I changed lemon to orange instead (even though d required amt is actually quite little). Also omitted d toppings as d whole family (including Hayden) does not enjoy frosting/icing.
End result – a super, SUPER EASY & soft cupcakes with a tiny hint of orange! Great additional to my must-keep recipes list!
Ingredients ()r what I have replace/changed
- 125g Butter, softened
- 125g Caster sugar (brown sugar)
- ½ large Lemon, finely grated zest only (1 orange)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 150g plain flour (cake flour)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160c). Line muffin cups with paper cases.
2. Whiz all ingredients together in a food processor.
3. Divide mixture between d paper cases & bake ard 10–15 mins, or until risen & golden. When cooked, centre of each cake shld be slightly springy to touch. Remove cakes from oven & put on a wire rack to cool.