After trying to finish as much ingredients in d fridge for d HMB, there’s still some bal whipping cream to be utilize. So I decided on this Chocolate Chip muffin recipe to use it up. Original recipe yield 12 regular sized muffins but I split it up into lots of tiny muffins & 11 smalls.
End result - muffins didnt raise nicely but both testers (hubby & MIL) said quite soft & fluffy with crispy top due to d toppings.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 240ml whipping cream
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Topping (mix together):
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, & vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl shift together flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Then fold wet ingredients into dry with a rubber spatula, along with the melted butter.
- Stir only until ingredients r combined. Do Not over mix or muffin will turn out tough.
- Fill pre-line muffin cups with batter & sprinkle a little topping on each muffin.
- Place in pre-heated oven & bake @ 180C for abt 15-18mins.
- Move to a wire rack & let cool for abt 5 mins be4 removing from muffin cups.