Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cream Cheese Bread 6th attempt

After a long break, this is my very 1st post from Spore. I have been buz meeting up with old friends & cleaning up after d move back home. Then my shipment arrived last wk & I have been busy unpacking. So far, ½ d boxes has been opened & flated. But now am struck with no more spaces to house d bal stuff so am leaving them in d boxes till I figure out where to put them. But d most important thing is – I managed to located d ABM & baked my 1st loaf last nite!

With limited ingredients, I decided on d cream cheese bread recipe since I was given a block of cream cheese from a friend. However, for reason unknown, I added 21g of egg yolk into d ABM be4 realizing that d original recipe does not even asked for egg??? D fact is – I even bother to separate d yolk from d white & weight out both to c which is closer to 20g & used it with d rest into d freezer. Mmmm???
Anyway, by d time I realized my mistake, I have alrdy started d ABM so I decided to add another 1½ tbsp of cake flour to bal out d dry/wet ratio.
End result – a surprisingly fluffy loaf! However, d crust was a bit too thick for me, soft but too thick. Other than that, it actually turns out great!

  • 160g water/fresh milk
  • 250g bread flour +
1½ tbsp cake flour
  • 50g cream cheese
  • 20g unsalted butter
  • 21g egg yolk
  • 10g powder milk
  • 15g sugar
  • 3g salt
  • 4g yeast
  • Put all into bread maker on fast loaf cycle. If u prefers soft crust, do not remove from bread maker after cycle ends. Just leave it there overnite.

    No comments: