Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sweet Scones

I love scones & when Shopoholic2802 baked some last week, I asked her for recipe to try out. Just got d recipe today but didnt have all d ingredients. However, my hands r itching to bake alrdy so I search my old files & found a scone recipe for kid, so here goes. End result - slightly hard crust but still edible scones. Hubby said quite good actually but it becomes too hard d next day to eat unless I pop it into d microwave.
Ingredients

  • 225g all-purpose flour
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 50g soften butter cut into pieces
  • 25g sugar
  • 120ml low-fat milk
  • 50g sultanas
  1. Pre-heat oven 220c.
  2. Put flour, salt & butter in mixing bowl. Rub with fingertips till mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
  3. Stir in sugar & sultanas.
  4. Add milk & stir to make a smooth mixture.
  5. Knead mixture till it formed a stiff dough.
  6. Roll dough into 2.5cm thick circle, brush with milk.
  7. Bake for abt 25mins.

No comments: