I love scones & when Shopoholic2802 baked some last week, I asked her for recipe to try out. Just got d recipe today but didnt have all d ingredients. However, my hands r itching to bake alrdy so I search my old files & found a scone recipe for kid, so here goes. End result - slightly hard crust but still edible scones. Hubby said quite good actually but it becomes too hard d next day to eat unless I pop it into d microwave.
- 225g all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50g soften butter cut into pieces
- 25g sugar
- 120ml low-fat milk
- 50g sultanas
- Pre-heat oven 220c.
- Put flour, salt & butter in mixing bowl. Rub with fingertips till mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar & sultanas.
- Add milk & stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Knead mixture till it formed a stiff dough.
- Roll dough into 2.5cm thick circle, brush with milk.
- Bake for abt 25mins.