Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lemon Yoghurt Cake

Got back from groceries shopping & found out that Hayden broke 3 eggs. They r still in their shells but cracks r getting bigger as I unpack. So I search d web for a recipe that requires 3 eggs & found this recipe from BH’s blog.
Cake looks great after I took it out but then on close inspection, I realized d side r badly burned.
So I decided to slice off d bottom/top of d cake to take a closer look of d inside. Turn out ok, only d sides r slightly burned.
Believe it or not, but am sending d slightly burned cake to hubby’s ofc gals for testing. All of my testers commented that they prefer it without d lemon dressing!

Ingredients
(A) Sifted
180g all-purpose flour (I used cake flr)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt


(B)
200ml plain yogurt
150g sugar
3 extra-large eggs
½ tsp vanilla essence

(C) 120ml vegetable oil

(D) cook till sugar is dissolve & mixture is clear.
65ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
50g sugar

Method

1.Preheat oven to 160C. Grease & line baking pan. (note that I have lower d temp cause my oven burns more easier, & as u can c, it still gets burned)
2.In a bowl, whisk (B) till well blended. Slowly whisk (A) into (B), mix well. Fold in (C), making sure it's all incorporated.
3.Pour batter into pan & bake for abt 50 mins.
4.When cake is done, allow it to cool in pan for 10 mins. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While cake is still warm, pour lemon-sugar mixture over it & allow it to soak in. Cool.

1 comment:

Blessed Homemaker said...

Your cakes look good esp the last pic. Glad your DH and MIL enjoyed this cake.