Chayote, Corn, Mushroom in Clam broth (佛手瓜, 玉米, 蘑菇, 蛤肉汤)
I saw this recipe from BH’s blog & went ahead to give it a try. It’s actually quite a mild flavor soup. MIL likes it but hubby finds it too plain. So on my next try, I actually added fresh clams & what a big diff it made! Hubby loves it! In fact, his words were “ yr soup had definitely improved by a GAINT step!” Wow!
So here’s my modified version.
- 20-25 fresh clams (soak them in salt water 2-3hrs be4 use)
- 500 pork ribs
- 200g agrocybe aegerita (茶树菇)
- 1 large chayote
- 2 fresh corns (I normally used only d kernels)
- 1.5 - 2 litre of water
- Trim away the ends of d agrocybe aegerita be4 washing & soaking them in water.
- Wash & cut d chayotes into cubes, pluck out d kernels from d corn after washing.
- Blanch pork ribs/lean meat.
- Rinse d clams at least 3 times to rid d sand/grit. Fill a pot with just enough water to cover d clams be4 bringing it to boil. Off d heat & remove d meat for later usage, discard d shells.
- Pour d clam broth through a strainer into a bigger pot.